“The More Grateful I Am, The More Beauty I See.”
Whether this quote from Mary Davis sparked your curiosity or you’re in search of your own definition of self-care, you’ve clicked on the right blog!
To expand outward, you need to develop inward.
Place value on gaining a new perspective of what is important to you. What do you truly appreciate in your life? By noting what you are grateful for, you can gain clarity on what you want to have more of in your life and what you can cut from your life.
The New Age Spa Institute is grateful for the ability to help men and women change their lives for the better. After achieving their individual career goals, our graduates gain the independence and lifestyle they aspire to.
NASI suggests keeping a gratitude journal. Keeping a gratitude journal helps you learn about yourself and become more self-aware. It can even help lower your stress levels and help you feel calm at nighttime. Additionally, your gratitude journal is like a safe zone for your eyes only, so you can write anything you feel without judgment.
For instance, when you feel blue, read back though your gratitude journal to readjust your attitude. As a result, it can help you remember that you have great people and things in your life.
Read on for tips on maintain a Gratitude Journal:
- Dedicate 15 minutes every night before going to sleep for journaling. You can even set an alarm reminder on your phone or schedule it in your calendar.
- Keep your journal by your nightstand so you will see it before going to sleep and remember to write down your thoughts. Your journal may even become a symbol of your gratitude so that when you glance at it, you will feel a sense of appreciation.
- Write as many things as you want in your journal. Aim to write 5 – 10 things you’re grateful for each day.
- It doesn’t have to be deep or well-written. What you are thankful for can be as simple as a “new book you enjoyed” or “this morning’s breakfast.”
- Journaling at night is a suggestion. In fact, you can write whenever it feels right to you.