Since 1988, September 15th to October 15th is honored as Hispanic Heritage Month which showcases the contributions, legacies, and achievements of the Hispanic and Latinx communities. Whether you identify as Hispanic, Latino, or Latinx there is no denying that these vibrant, diverse people embody the ideology that anyone can set out to accomplish and succeed with passion and hard work.
The rich culture and accomplishments of more than 60 million Hispanic Americans today not only strengthen our nation but a large number choose to represent and advance the beauty community. To name a few, the following are beauty brands founded and/or run by empowering Latinas:
- Joanna Vargas Skincare & Spas (Joanna Vargas) joannavargas.com
- BeautyBlender (Rea Ann Silva) beautyblender.com
- Bésame Cosmetics (Gabriela Hernandez) besamecosmetics.com
- Melt Cosmetics (Lora Arellano) meltcosmetics.com
The New Age Spa Institute doesn’t have to look too far for inspiration. We’re honored to include Hispanic & Latinx students, alumni, and staff in the New Age Spa Institute’s legacy of quality and education in nail technology, makeup, massage therapy, esthetics, and clinical aesthetics. Read on for ways you can celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Support Hispanic owned small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Translate spa service menus and/or intake forms in Spanish
- Read poetry and other literary works from Hispanic authors (i.e., Julia De Borgos, Erika L. Sánchez, Sandra Cisneros)
- Study Hispanic artists’ contributions (Frida Kahlo, Sam Kirk, Victoria Villasana)
How will you celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month? Let us know!
Follow us on social media! @newagespainstitute