The Art Institute of Makeup, a division of The New Age Spa Institute, is a professional makeup school dedicated to providing superior education in the field of makeup artistry and ensures that all students acquire the necessary skills to work in the beauty industry as a makeup artist.
This extensive makeup course develops the skills of makeup artistry and covers all aspects of beauty makeup including basic and commercial beauty makeup and principles of fashion and photography makeup.
After completing this makeup course, you will have the knowledge and technical training to work in many areas of the beauty and cosmetic industries.
Class Sizes are limited to 14 students.
The course is comprised of three phases.
Phase I (The Basic Principles of Makeup Application) Sanitation and Tools of the Trade Skincare Knowledge)
- Client Preparation and Consultation
- Color Terminology and Product Selection
- Day Time/Natural Makeup
- How Lighting Effects Your Makeup
- Corrective Techniques and Highlighting and Shading
- Evening, Special Occasion, and Party Makeup
- Application vs. Lesson
- Successful Cosmetic Retailing
Phase II (The Essential Principles of Makeup Application)
- Makeup for the Mature Client
- Multicultural Makeup
- Corrective Camouflage Makeup
- Eyebrow Shaping, Tweezing, and Defining
- The Bridal Business Bridal Makeup
- Intro to Airbrush Makeup
Phase III (The Principles of Commercial Makeup Application)
- Photographic Makeup
- False Eyelash Application
- Current Looks and Trends
- Runway Makeup
- Building your Professional Makeup Kit
- How to Market Yourself as a Freelance Makeup Artist
Final practical exam is administered at the end of the course.
A Makeup Kit is included in the class fee.