Chicago, IL Art Institute of Makeup School
The Art Institute of Makeup, a division of The New Age Spa Institute, is a professional makeup school dedicated to providing superior education in the field of makeup artistry.
This certification ensures that all students acquire the necessary skills to work in the beauty industry as a makeup artist. This extensive makeup course develops the skills of makeup application and covers all aspects of basic and commercial beauty makeup, the principles of fashion makeup, photography makeup, and much more. Upon completion, students have the knowledge and technical training to work in many areas of the beauty and cosmetic industries.
Class Sizes are limited to 14 students.
The course includes training in the following areas:
- Advanced foundation matching including skin typing and foundation blending
- Color theory
- Highlighting and contouring
- Marketing your business
- Corrective eye makeup techniques
- All about brows: sculpting, shaping, filling in, color matching
- Anti-aging makeup techniques
- Camouflage makeup techniques for scarring and pigmentation disorders
- Bridal and photographic makeup including makeup for black and white photos
- Airbrush makeup
- Fantasy and runway makeup
Other Awesome Details:
A final practical exam is administered at the end of the course
A Makeup Kit is included in the class fee.
- Makeup Artist in a Salon or Spa Setting
- Bridal Makeup Artist
- Image Consultant
- Freelance Makeup Artist
- Makeup Artist for Cosmetic Companies
- Makeup Artist for Photographers
|Full Time: Monday-Thursday||8.14.2017-8.31.2017||9:30pm- 3:30pm|
|Full Time: Monday-Friday||02.12.2018-03.02.2018||9:30am – 2:30pm|
|Part-Time: Tuesday-Thursday||10.17.2017-11.16.2017||6:00pm- 10:00pm|
|Part-Time: Saturday & Sunday||10.28.2017-11.19.2017||9:00am- 5:00pm|