This certification ensures that all students acquire the necessary skills to work in the beauty industry as a makeup artist. This extensive makeup course develops the skills of makeup application and covers all aspects of basic and commercial beauty makeup, the principles of fashion makeup, photography makeup, and much more. Upon completion, students have the knowledge and technical training to work in many areas of the beauty and cosmetic industries.
Class Sizes are limited to 14 students.
You will learn:
- Sanitation and Infection Control
- Color Theory: Color Schemes, Terms, and Quality
- Basic Makeup Application and Blending Techniques
- Prep and Client Consultation
- Skin Type, Texture, Tones, and Undertones
- Selection: Primers, Foundation, Lipsticks, and Blushes
- Proper Workstation Setup and Cleanup
- Ergonomic Techniques for Makeup Artists
- How to Choose Proper Makeup Tools
- Eye and Brow Makeup Techniques
- Introduction to Airbrush Equipment and Makeup
- Bridal Makeup Techniques and Trends
- Corrective Camouflage Makeup
- Proper Application for Cat Eye, Wing Eye, and Smudge Liner
- Opportunities Available for Makeup Artists
Other Awesome Details:
A final practical exam is administered at the end of the course
- Makeup Artist in a Salon or Spa Setting
- Bridal Makeup Artist
- Image Consultant
- Freelance Makeup Artist
- Makeup Artist for Cosmetic Companies
- Makeup Artist for Photographers
*Illinois does not recognize make-up artists or hair stylists. Professional Makeup Certification is available to licensed Estheticians and Cosmetologists.
*Per the Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985 you need to hold an active Illinois license as a cosmetologist to arrange, braid and/or dress hair (up-do’s) and you would need to hold either a cosmetology or esthetics license to offer make-up or eyelash services.
The Department has adopted rules to permit the issuance of citations for unlicensed practice and/or abetting unlicensed practice or any violation of sanitary rules which shall not exceed $500 per violation.
If you use the link listed below you will find our full Act and Rules, a list of schools and applications for licensure.