At the New Age Spa Institute, we are the first and only Esthetics, Massage School in the state of Illinois with full CIDESCO Accreditation which entitles us to offer students the opportunity of sitting for CIDESCO International examination – The International Link to the World of Beauty and Spa Therapy.We have always been proud to offer top-notch instruction. When you are enrolled in our CIDESCO program, you will work with qualified teachers in a state of the art school environment. You will get extensive hands on training, and you will reap the benefits of that experience.
As a potential graduate, you will be required by the organization to show proficiency with spa equipment and other electrical equipment. The New Age Spa Institute features state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure you gain practical knowledge and experience.
On completion of the course, students take the CIDESCO Examination which consists of:
- A facial examination
- A body examination
- An additional subject
- A written examination
For students currently enrolled in the esthetics program at The New Age Spa Institute.
A CIDESCO curriculum includes a program consisting of 550 clock hours (in addition to 750 hours of esthetic course). CIDESCO program has instruction as follows:
Human Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- Definition of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology and relationship of all these subjects to Massage. Medical terminology
- The Cell
- The Tissue level of organization
- Skeletal System:
- Joints and Ligaments
- Bone Disorders
- The Muscular System:
1.Introduction to the Muscular System.
2.Muscles of the Vertebral column.
3.Muscles of the back.
4.Muscles of the Vertebral column (of the back).
5.Muscles of the Pectoral Girdle.
6.Muscles that move the forearm and hand.
7.Muscles that move hand and fingers.
8.The Blood supply and innervations of the upper extremities.
9.Muscles of the Pelvic Girdle and Lower Limbs.
10.Muscles that move the leg and muscles that move the foot and toes.
11.Muscles of head, neck, stomach.
- The Nervous System with pathology
- The Senses
- The Endocrine System with pathology
- The Circulatory System with pathology
- The Lymphatic & Immune systems with pathology
- The Respiratory & Digestive systems with pathology
- The Reproductive & Urinary systems with pathology
- The Integumentary System with pathology
- All material overview
Practical Swedish Massage .
- Classification, understanding and description of massage movements.
- Application of massage techniques.
- Procedures for complete Swedish full body massage.
- Effects, benefits, indications and contraindications of massage.
- Structure and functions of nails.
- Nail disorders and diseases.
- Nail terminology, contraindications for manicure and pedicure.
- Nail products.
- Implements and preparation for manicure and pedicure.
- Overview whole material, written test.
- Manicure procedure
- Pedicure procedure
Electrotherapy and Ancillary Body Treatments.
- Mechanical massage
- G5 or similar.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation – Faradic Type or similar for body work
- Figure analysis.
- Methods of recording treatment information (facial, body treatment, body massage) on the CIDESCO analysis sheet
Eyebrow and eyelash tinting.
Free Consultation with Des Plaines, IL Esthetics Training and Massage Therapy Spa Institute
To get more information on our classes, call us today at 847.759.0900 to get started.