Introduction to Reflexology Course Chicago, IL
In the course we will provide an introduction to reflexology. This ancient and modern application of systematic foot techniques provides effective pain relief and restores balance to body, mind and spirit by engaging our natural ability to heal.
We will learn the history, theory and application of reflexology through a powerpoint presentation and classroom practice. Students will learn how to stimulate inherent, self-corrective reflexes that help the body to create balance naturally.
This class is intended to enhance the work of massage therapists and body workers by integrating these reflex techniques into their current work.
- Students will perform Reflexology techniques.
- Students will identify signs of release, i.e. softening of tissue, , increased circulation, and a greater sense of well-being, during the use of techniques.
- Participants will demonstrate applying reflexology techniques in a basic sequence to reduce local pain and promote healing.
- Students will use proper hand positions and biomechanics while using techniques.
- Students will discuss how Reflexology effects the client’s entire being, body, mind and spirit.